Your Festival, created for the people of Perth, was established through philanthropic and corporate support. Today we need your support more than ever so that young artists, students, families and our local arts community continue to have opportunities to engage with and learn from your Festival, while experiencing extraordinary performances.
Whilst our permanent music, theatre and dance companies and our visual artists are undertaking vital and invaluable year-round work, the Festival, over short, highly concentrated periods, provides the sharp, re-charging electric shocks that our culture needs from time to time.
David Blenkinsop, PIAF Artistic Director 1976–99
In 2017, PIAF continued its legacy of nurturing the talents of our local arts sector, creating meaningful connections with emerging artists, students and aspiring arts professionals, providing access to the program and collaborating with other WA arts organisations
- Delivered 4 professional learning programs for local artists and practitioners with nearly 40 participants
- Delivered 11 masterclasses attended by 181 local artists
- Hosted disability arts sector development workshop and residency with over 40 participants
- Employed over 234 local artists and 273 PIAF staff
- Facilitating over 5,800 students from 84 schools to participate in the PIAF Education Program including:
- 3,479 attendances from over 30 schools at Perth Writers Festival Schools Day
- 15,000 attendees at Perth Writers Festival Family Day
- 17 workshops/artist talks with over 450 students engaged
- Partnered with local arts organisations including Black Swan Theatre Company, WA Youth Jazz Orchestra, Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, STRUT Dance, Film and Television Institute WA, The Blue Room Theatre, Ochre Contemporary Dance Company, Australian Writers Guild and West Australian Music
- Acknowledging diversity by:
- Translating event programs into braille and 16 difference languages
- Producing audio recordings for the vision impaired and captioning performances for the hearing impaired
These achievements only happen because of the wonderful support of our donors, partners and patrons who underpin the PIAF program.
We invite you take make a donation to PIAF to help continue our work in the WA arts community. All donations over $2 are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.