Young Creatives is a development program that provides aspiring arts professionals opportunities to develop their skills through engagement with Festival events, artists and practitioners.
PIAF Young Creatives work alongside performers, directors, producers, writers, artists and musicians, engaging with PIAF’s diverse program and learning skills to underpin their own arts practice. We are seeking passionate Young Creatives who hope to contribute to culture and the arts in Western Australia.
Previous young creatives have:
- Been mentored by professional practitioners.
- Worked with tech production teams behind the scenes at Festival events.
- Interviewed internationally renowned artists, writers, directors and producers.
- Published records and reviews of their experiences on the PIAF website.
We are inviting emerging practitioners from diverse backgrounds to participate in the 2017 PIAF Young Creatives program. We are seeking those with a demonstrable interest in curation, visual arts, design, performance, dance, writing, reviewing or production – who are seeking to explore a career in the arts.
To be eligible to apply for Young Creatives you must:
- Be aged 15 to 18.
- Have demonstrable experience in the arts.
- Be seeking to expand your skills in the selected creative field/s.
- Be available during the period of the Perth International Arts Festival as well as other select events.*
- Be willing to disseminate what you have learnt to a broader audience.
- Be supported by an arts or education professional (who can provide a letter of support for your application).
- Participate in media and promotional opportunities as requested by PIAF.
*Some engagements may occur during school hours. Written permission to attend such engagements will be sought from your school Principal.
Applications for the Young Creatives have now closed.
Any queries should be directed to Emma Hewitt, Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org